On a scale of 1 to 10 for interesting, this mod rates a wow! Although there is no mission associated with this jungle download, it is a great place to spend some time checking out the (still) awesome capabilities of this old engine! Don't fret though, as there are some scattered baddies placed throughout, along with some weapons...add in some imagination, and you have yourself a fun place to be, even with the absence of any objectives.
Far Cry - Far Cry 2 Mod (v1.0 Beta) contains updated textures for every single-player weapon along with much more realistic damage. The models and textures are aimed at realism and are attempting to emulate Far Cry 2. It includes several other mods and several new weapons all with newly updated realistic textures; The accuracy of the weapons are more realistic as well as having more armor penetration when appropriate (no more 6 shots to the chest to kill, more like 1-4 depending on the weapon) There is also a new map included as well!
Some tips for use with this download include:
Use "P" for new weapons
It is recommended to use a new profile as some things may not work correctly with your normal far cry saves (no errors found, but just to be safe)
More weapons can be had by editing the 'devmode.lua '
First time FarCryFiles content contributor Seedr0 brings you this mod for your Far Cry gaming adventure, and he states that he will have a Website coming soon, along with some possible updates and more maps. This is good news indeed!
Some of the features of this map include:
AK47 replaces M4
New M4 SOPMOD
New M3 Shotgun
New dual MP7s
Much more realistic weapon damage for most weapons, with realistically less accuracy, E.G. the silenced M4 is now slightly less accurate than the regular M4, the new AK47 is now very inaccurate yet has high armor piercing (1-2 body shots will kill)
Sharper default weapon textures
Numerous tweaks in the System.cfg file and devmode.lua (for those with low end cpus mostly, devmode tweaks available pressing "F9")
Also included, is a sneak peak video, have a look:
Readme File: ----------------------------
- Far cry 2 Mod - 1.0 Beta -
Installation: Just extract to your "Mods" folder in your FarCry main directory
- type "map fc2" (without the quotes) to start the Far Cry 2 jungle level, or play through the campaign with these mods
- use "P" for new weapons
- for even MORE weapons than mentioned (not officially supported) edit ' devmode.lua ' and edit the lines under ' function AllWeapons() '
- feel free to rename the included ' System.cfgbkp ' to ' System.cfg ', change the line ' g_playerprofile = "Far Cry 2 Config" ' to what profile you want to use for an optimized configuration and place it in your main Far Cry folder, otherwise just delete it or leave it as it is
- it's recommended to use a new profile as some things may not work correctly with your normal far cry saves (no errors found, but just to be safe)
Removal: Delete "Far Cry 2" folder from your "Mods" folder
Adds all new mods that contribute to the Far Cry 2 experience including:
- AK47 replacing M4
- New M4 SOPMOD
- New M3 Shotgun
- New Glock17
- New dual MP7s
- MUCH more realistic weapon damage for most weapons, with realistically less accuracy, E.G. the silenced M4 is now slightly less accurate than the regular M4, the new AK47 is now very inaccurate yet has high armor piercing (1-2 body shots will kill)
- Sharper default weapon textures
- Numerous tweaks in the System.cfg file and devmode.lua (for those with low end cpus mostly, devmode tweaks available pressing "F9")
- Pressing "F9" toggles the certain unavailable tweaks that increase graphics and FPS on most machines
- Pressing "F8" toggles the shadows displayed on guns, this is another useful way to increase fps without much image quality loss, can be toggled in-game without reloading
Simple jungle map with no mission, merely to show off what is capable in this old engine, very few scattered enemies and weapons
Website: Coming soon... check out youtube.com/seedr0 for now, possibly more maps and updates
Credits for mods included:
Pure Realism mod - TheVoodoo
Advanced Graphics Mod - sinot
Other compilations (weapon models) - Angus
Map and some textures - Seedr0
-- Feel free to edit anything you want and re-release it without permission! --
Far Cry - Far Cry 2 Mod (v1.0 Beta) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. FarCry Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 18 | Last comment: 09-23-2009 at 07:22
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
#1 - Posted by: pr3dat0tf (Member) - 10-18-2008 at 14:34
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time. Now enjoy yourself and behave!