Far Cry 2 tidbits - Official News
Posted by: Hfx-Rebel on 07-30-2007 @ 20:42 - Source: ubi Forums
This News Item has been viewed 4,794 times
Some more interesting news has come to light on Ubisoft's newest FPS that was announced earlier this month! FarCry2, which is slated for release in the spring of 2008, will be developed in Ubisoft’s Montreal studio.
What we know so far as fact, as supplied by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd:
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal
Community Queen: Kimi
Producer: Louis-Pierre Pharand
Art Director: Alex Amancio
Creative Director: Clint Hocking
Technical Director: Dominic Guay
Anticipated release UBI financial Q4: Spring 2008
PC only at this point in time
Speaking as a gamer that has played the first far cry more times then I can count, I am totally excited about hearing that the Far Cry goodness will be carried on! Don't get me wrong, I am still excited about the pending release of Crysis, but the specs needed for running it at a level that will WOW me will still be slightly out of reach for some time, whereas, FarCry2 will be more attainable, just a slight upgrade in RAM...
If you haven't already heard, there is no return of the Trigens, or the mad doctor...and the tropical island was also given the 'heave-ho'..."Far Cry® 2 is the next-generation PC first-person shooter from Ubisoft, discover the real sequel to the award winning PC game. More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry® 2 will make you take part of a brand new gaming experience. Discover one of the most beautiful but also most hostile environments in the world, AFRICA!"
Some more fun facts about this sweet new game:
- Destructible Environs
- There is a day and night system.
- There is a dynamic weather system that adapts to how well you are currently doing. If you're shooting everything in site, and well too, the skies will be clear and sunny, but if you start getting owned, the sky will darken and become overcast.
- Weapons can take damage and begin to malfunction and wear out. It's up to the player to take care of his weapons and keep them in top condition for the journey.
- Running into a tree can cause it to break and fall down, just shake, or the player to crash to the floor, all depending on the size of the tree.
- Advanced and adaptive AI wear color co-ordinates from GAP with +55 heads and infinite skin shading possibilities.
- AI has morale settings, insult their clothing and their moral will suffer... Okay that and the bit above about GAP isn't true, but the moral of the NPCs is a function of what is happening around them, shoot their commander and their moral gets worse, shot the man next to them and it becomes even lower.
- No Medipacks:
- COD2 style health up to Critical wounding, then you have to heal yourself.
- No Trigens or mad scientist.
- No feral abilities
- River Network
- Desert Crash site
- Shanty Town
- Dogon village
- Desert Water hole
- UFLL: United Front for Liberation and Labor
- APR: Alliance for Popular Resistance
- The Jackal
- Marty Alencar
- Warren Clyde
- Nasreen Davar
- Hakim Echebbi
- Paul Ferenc
- Flora Guillen
- Andre Hyppolite
- Josip Idromeno
- Frank Bilders
- Weapons: +30 types and include reliability factors
- Flame Thrower
- Molotov cocktail
- Vehicles: +14
- Provisional Min Spec:
- DX9 with High End Single core processor
- 1-2GB of RAM
- Provisional High End:
- DX10 and Quad Core Support
...The rumour mill has also given rise to a bit of news that may not make some of you happy...poor Jack Carver did not make it to this installment in the FC franchise...of coarse, this is only a rumour at this time.
Thanks to CuZtds_Lst_Stnd and the boys-in-the-know from ubi for sharing this information with us! Until next time, happy gaming!
07-31-2007 @ 09:42 - Far Cry 2 - first look!
07-29-2007 @ 15:30 - Weekly Poll Results - What do you think about the Far Cry 2 news?
No News Comments have been added yet!
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!